About the Arts & Cultural Council for Greater Rochester
The Arts & Cultural Council for Greater Rochester is a nonprofit corporation and industry association serving arts, culture, and education in the ten-county greater Rochester region, including Cayuga, Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, Wyoming and Yates counties. Our membership includes a broad range of artists, businesses, and cultural organizations.
We strengthen and promote the creative sector through special initiatives, grant programs, and member services. Membership in the Arts Council provides access to many resources and benefits.
Regrant Funding Programs
- Decentralization Grants – Funding for Community Arts and Arts Education projects in Monroe County, supported by the New York State Council on the Arts.
- Capacity Building Grants – Funding for nonprofit cultural organizations in an 8-County Region, supported by Rochester Area Community Foundation.
Plans under development for programs and services focused on new and greater opportunities for participation by members.
- Critical access to competitive group health insurance rates for eligible member individuals and small businesses.
- Available to eligible sole-proprietor members through 2014 subject to approval by Excellus BlueCross/BlueShield.
Other Member and Constituent Services
- Discounted Promotional Services through mail and e-mail campaigns.
- Legal Assistance Program with access to pro bono legal assistance, available for income-eligible individual members and budget-eligible nonprofit members, for assistance with issues such as copyright, nonprofit incorporation, and contracts.
- Online Regional Events Calendar and Member Directories
- Workshops and Technical Assistance on grant writing, fundraising, and other topics of interest to artists and arts-related businesses.
- Honoring the individuals, businesses, and organizations that have made outstanding contributions to the arts.
- Celebrated its 30th year in 2013.